Call Today for a Consultation

Toll Free: 888-225-9567 | Phone: 850-502-2047

Toll Free: 888-225-9567
Phone: 850-502-2047

Providing Legal Guidance And
Peace Of Mind To Families

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » High-Asset Divorce

Understanding How Assets Are Divided

Most divorcing couples are concerned with two main things: maintaining a strong relationship with their kids and protecting their assets. However, many people do not know how to achieve these goals.

At my firm, the Law Office of Donald Witmyer, P.A., I help clients understand the importance of a good time-sharing arrangement in order to continue spending time with their children.

When it comes to property division, many people who contact me think that assets are simply divided in half. In reality, it tends to be more complex than that.

For example, if a wife has a jewelry collection worth $50,000 and the husband has a gun collection worth $10,000, both spouses would likely want to keep their respective collections. However, because of the difference in worth, the husband may receive compensation from another part of the estate.

I Can Valuate Your Personal And Business Assets

To help ensure both partners receive a fair portion of the estate, one of the most important things a divorce attorney can do is properly identify assets. For couples who have family businesses, this means working with an appraiser to determine an accurate value of the business.

I also work with couples to identify and valuate all personal assets. Many couples do not realize how many valuable assets they have but all of this should be taken into account during divorce.

I have helped clients valuate such assets as:

  • Stocks
  • Gold
  • Jewelry
  • Gun collections
  • Art collections
  • Televisions

Contact An Experienced High-Asset Divorce Attorney

Please contact me with other questions or concerns regarding your assets. I can help ensure your rights are protected at every step of the process. You can reach me online or by calling 850-502-2047.

I serve Destin and Okaloosa County.